Monday, June 21, 2010

Better Birth


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I have had 5 pregnancies. 2 epidural/pitocin deliveries, one c-section, and 2 natural deliveries.The fact of the matter is that without us going through your birthing classes, I would have NEVER attempted to go natural!

I had already tried once before, and failed. (I didn't even have a desire with my previous 2 pregnancies). I loved how you taught us to educate ourselves. I still remember one of our 'homework assignments' was to find out the pro's and con's of using pitocin during labor. I was shocked at what we found! I had used pitocin in both my previous labors and was surprised at how little I knew about a drug that I so readily agreed to!

I also loved that we created a birth plan! It was great for Mike and I to talk about what we did and did not want during our birthing experience before I was in labor, and to discuss it with my Dr. My recovery was so much faster because I could actually feel when I wanted to stop pushing!

The relaxation techniques I learned during your classes helped me to focus during labor. I have had a subsequent pregnancy, and that was without drugs also! There isn't even a question in my mind which birthing experience I enjoyed more! If I am privileged enough to experience birth again, I will definitely choose natural! Thank you for imparting your knowledge of natural birth, and enabling us to enjoy a birth experience we've always wanted!

-Mike & Jenalee Gardner
Saratoga Springs, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment